Friday, March 10, 2006

Women's Day? Huh!

This is an era of celebrating days. Shedding off major chunck our responsibility towards certain endangered but important practices by celebrating a day or a week. Or may be commemorating something exactly opposite that has a social death.

So how does one go on celebrating a women's day:-

1) Fighting for women emancipation on atleast that day?
2) Respecting women a little more that day?
3) Respecting women atleast on that day?
4) Pledge not to look at ongoing women's bodies on roads?
5) Pledging not to hit women in busy markets and streets?
6) Pledging not to molest girls in lonely places?
7) Pledging not to stare and stalk college going girls till they feel completely harassed?
8) Pledging not to kill a girl foetus?
9) Pledging not to rape a girl and not to ruin her life atleast on that day?

I think these rapes and molestations and female foeticide will go so common in future that govt. will have to announce:

-'Molestation free days'
-'Rape free weeks'
-'Special season's bonus to "non-rapists"
-'Financial help to families with two or more girl children alive

What have we become? Animals?

And

For those not 'confined to home after dark', those working late, those working in isolation, those walking on roads, those traveling in public transport, one can really see in their eyes :
-the terror of being followed, always alerted state, fear of encountering some bad guy, fear of strangers and of something unknown, an incident ruining a day or two, broken life after the heinous act . . .

And what can we do, just feel ashamed!

May be

May be all that becomes a habit for them, habit of being ridiculed, may be they get used to those one-liners and acts they experience everyday, everywhere. Don't know, never dared to ask anyone, have you?

11 comments:

Known Stranger said...

by just stop celebrating them to give a celibrity and make them aloof but respect them as we do ourself.

Forlorn Farceur said...

beta baat to pate ki kee hai !
but yeh bata ki aisa kyon?

Unknown said...

Pata nahi! Tu hi kuchh bata!

Neeta said...

hey...this is on similar lines to my blog how i hate to be agirl!!!!...ok i guess we girls get used to it the ridicule,the one-liner comments by the cheapos on the roads etc....we cant help rite...btw i am happy in this secure place BITS...but then its not the same in the cities rite...neyways..good attempt..

Unknown said...

Hiie, actually i tried to feel the whole situation thru a girl's heart and soul, so it's sort of feel copied version what ive written, just felt strongly for it and wrote that.

All this what happens to innocent girls everyday every hour everywhere is how very negative. Unfortunatly these teasings are there only to begin with, they can have after impressions too, even small incidents may have long lasting unconscious fixations and consequnces, on a girl's mind, especially teenagers.

Anywayz thnks for browsing thru my blog, although i don't know you much but please try to stay in touch.

Anonymous said...

congratulations!for you are one of the non- bastards..no pun intended. i am glad that men also feel about rapes , and sensitively.
i am one degree lesser "miso-adamist"now!

Unknown said...

Hello anonymous,

Being miso-adamist won't solve a problem, but then i reckon that you don't intend to solve one. Infact it's no longer a problem, but to view a female as a tunnel to satiate one's animalistic tendencies has deeply rooted itself into our cultures, all over the world, and this ridiculous intent of mind can only be removed with generations of efforts, but as the truth bites: effort only see the face of money, nuthing else, so they suffer.

Ruchira ~~~ spellbound said...

When I was born you tried to kill me
While I was growing up
I always knew I was your favorite
You always kept me close to you
When my brothers went to play in the field
I so wanted to go to school and study
Instead you taught me how to cook
J Happy women’s day
When I turned twelve
You started preparing for my wedding
Then one day when I was returning home
It was late as I remember
I saw some of my brothers friends
They followed me for a while
I was scared I asked you for help
But you didn’t reply
I ran as fast as I could
But I was not a match for there strength
J Happy women’s day
You cursed me and told me to die
I wanted to go out and work
Instead you got me married
When I didn’t got you enough dowry
You tried to burn me alive
J Happy women’s day
When I was pregnant I remember
You wanted to have a boy
However I wanted to have a girl
I also remember you beating me
When I gave birth to a beautiful girl
You tried to kill her when she was born
J Happy women’s day
Let’s stop being hypocrite
Accept it and stop wishing us
Every year on 8th of march
Where as it is you who always try to kill us
I hope now you will think twice
Before saying
"happy women’s day

Unknown said...

That was biting truth yet beautiful, Thanks Ruchira.

Anonymous said...

wow...smoking truth ..you rock brother !!

Unknown said...

Thanks Smokey, u r a true bro . . .